The commitment statement
EXAMPLE – Commitment Statement structure
|Distributed by Name, Organisation
|Summary of Changes
- This Commitment Statement is between:
|Contact Phone & Email
|Normal Place of Work- Organisation & Address
|Contracted working hours per week
|ULN (if known):
|Contact Phone & Email
|University of Brighton
- About This Commitment Statement:
- This Commitment Statement summarises the schedule, roles and responsibilities, and funding that supports the successful completion of this apprenticeship.
- The information set out in this document forms part of the evidence pack required for every apprentice and it must be signed and dated, and the latest version held by the employer, the apprentice and the training provider named in section 1 above, before the apprenticeship can start.
- All three parties must hold a signed copy of the latest version before the start and for the duration of the apprenticeship.
- The Commitment Statement is intended to be used at, and to inform the regular tri-partite reviews between training provider, employer and apprentice parties that take place during the lifetime of the apprenticeship.
- If, during the apprenticeship, anything acts to change a name, term or clause in this document, this must be raised with the other two named contacts below. Any changes must be discussed and agreed by all three parties, then the document must be signed, dated and reissued to all three parties.
- This document is complementary to and will be stored with the Contract for Services.
- The Apprenticeship covered by this Commitment Statement
|Planned gateway & EPA Commencement Date
|Planned End Date
- Apprenticeship Review Schedule & Attendees
|Name & Job Title
|Once each semester (2 per year)
|Progress Reviews (Employer/ Apprentice/ Provider)
|Three times per year.
- Further Help and Guidance on Key Processes
|Day to Day Contacts
|First Point of Contact:
Name & Role
|Dr Stewart Morrison
|The student services team perform a wide range of operations throughtout your course. When starting out the following link outlines the range of different operations depending on individuals needs
|First Point of Contact
Name & Role, Location, Contact, email/phone
|Process in Brief
|Attendance & Absence
|Please email Marian if you are off so we can let staff know
|PREVENT & Safeguarding
|Your safeguarding lead within your Trust
Any member of academic staff at the University
|Clinical staff will have safeguarding training as do staff within the podiatry team
|Raising queries, concerns or complaints
|Talk to your line manage or apprenticeship educator
|About your apprenticeship
|Contact the course leader or your personal tutor
|Key Policies & Documents
|Where these are stored
|The Student Charter and Student Contract
|Accessible via the University website and Student Central https://www.brighton.ac.uk/current-students/my-studies/student-policies-and-regulations/index.aspx
|Using Student Central/My Studies
|Student Handbook contains key policies and documents with links to these